Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Harvest Monday August 3, 2015

Harvests this week consisted of mainly beans. I went away for the weekend having picked beans before I left, and came back to a nice big handful of the yard long beans! 

My granddaughters wanted to eat them then and there, but I managed to talk them into letting me add them to our dinner.

The girls (6 years and 2 1/2 years old) chose red beans and rice to make, and helped add their chosen ingredients. It was quite good! The beans were sauteed in a little olive oil with garlic, salt, and pepper.
I'm linking up with others on Harvest Monday over at Daphne's Dandelions.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, you have to watch the beans or they get ahead of you. Have not grown yard longs but maybe I will next year. They are the ingredient in a favorite dish, Szechuan dry-fried green beans. which I should try making at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried Szechuan dry-fried green beans. I'm going to have to look that recipe up! :)

      Delete
  2. Those beans look great - I've always wanted to grow yard long beans; it's just a matter of finding the space. Beans are another veg where there just seem to be too many good varieties out there and it's hard to narrow it down to only a few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really wanted to try growing them, so I did a small tee-pee with bamboo. It's a smaller footprint than my trellis that I was using.

      Delete