Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Mini harvest


Yesterday I noticed that some of my yard-long beans were getting pretty long. They were dangling on the ground, in fact. I was not sure if they were ready for picking or not as I've never grown them or even seen them before. My son-in-law figured that they should grow to be a yard-long as the name advertises.


Today I harvested a modest 1 ounce of the yard-long beans, and 4.5 ounces of the bush beans. There are a couple of different varieties of those that are just all hodge-podged together. As you can see, the yard-long beans seem to be very slender compared to the bush beans. A Vietnamese friend of mine told me that she likes to cut the long beans into small pieces and cook them with scrambled eggs. She said that they have a slightly chewy texture. I may give that a try tomorrow. Have you grown this variety of bean before? 

No comments:

Post a Comment